Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Santa gave me a Swarovski! |(and 2 dogs)

<free santa claus>

Last Friday I want to eat my favorite "bangus meal" at Max's restaurant. I go there very often that even the waiter and cashier memorized already so whenever they see me enter they will smile and ask, "one bangus meal, ma'am?" To my delight they said this Christmas, they are giving away a free Santa Claus ornament with chocolates. I got 2 santa claus. The following day I gave my santa claus to my boss. I noticed he was sad so I cheerfully greeted him a "Merry Christmas!" He must have been very happy because on Sunday morning, he bought back 2 small blue wrapped gifts. I did not open it immediately because my colleagues will surely get curious if they see it and will ask many questions. So I kept quiet until evening. But when we were in the bus going home, my seatmate noticed the paper bag, "Uy! what is that?" Uh oh. It is a gift, I said and remained quiet. "Oh wow! can we open it now, maybe it is chocolate, let us eat now?" Ok. So I carefully removed the ribbons and unwrapped it.
 Inside is a small blue shinny wallet and one cute blue key ring with swarovski crystals. My friend insisted to look inside the wallet, she said maybe there is hidden money for good luck but it is empty. You know, we should be thankful and glad if we receive gifts and not look for and expect for more.
A while ago I went to eat in the restaurant downstairs, most of the restaurants here have a coin operated toy machine. While eating, I watched one local girl play and she catched 3 stuffed toys. After I finished eating, I also put coins and played. I thought it is easy, just drop a dirham and operate it like a tower crane, simple. After I lose 5 dirhams I gave up. With a sad look at the colorful toys inside and I started to leave. The mother of the local girl must have been watching me, because she said "Do you like to have these?" She offered me her two stuffed toys....I stared unbelievingly, and took it, "Really? you will give these to me? Thank you!" I hugged it happily. Oh! Life is really good. I got another gift! Even strangers can be very kind sometimes.
So I am sleeping with 2 stuffed dogs tonight. hehe. I love Christmas!

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>
 It is the personal thoughtfulness,
the warm human awareness,
the reaching out of the self 
to one's fellow man that makes 
giving worthy of the Christmas spirit.
~Isabel Currier
<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

No comments:

Post a Comment