Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Hot and Painful

Today is a terribly troubled day at the office. There are a lot of work and the whole day I could not rotate my head. Our site nurse gave a pain reliever patch he said "Stick it on your neck." Salonpas makes you feel hot and makes you smell like menthol. But does not remove pain.

To add to the trouble, my boss was extremely difficult today, he had a dark look in his eyes and was in a blaming mood. He blames me, he blames the suppliers, he blames my company and even blames the client, he said we cheated him.
I don't care, I just needed to focus to get over as much work as I could until 6 o'clock pm so I could rest. You know when you are in pain, you don't care about anything, you just want to remove the part of you that is hurting. 
Despite all this, there are still great things I felt grateful. I am grateful because my friends and I were spared from being laid off. Tomorrow or day after some of our staffs do not have jobs anymore. I am grateful to be surrounded by caring and loving people at work who are ready to help. One colleague patch my neck with salonpas. One bujangnim gave me his "mydocalm" medicine. One of my boss offered a concerned advise to use a hot cream and to switch off the AC during the night.  One colleague offered a shoulder massage. One manager looked at me like his daughter and said "take care". One colleague stopped joking when he saw my pain. When you are sick and people cares, you feel so blessed.

*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*
The secret of success is 
learning how to use pain and pleasure 
instead of 
having pain and pleasure use you.
If you do that, you're in control of your life.
If you don't, life controls you.
~by Tony Robbins
*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*-*~.~*--*~.~*

No comments:

Post a Comment