Friday, January 10, 2014

Who is the Real Mother? (short story)

There is a well known story of two women who sought a judgment from King Solomon over a baby...


One day two women came before the King. They carried with them a little baby, which was set down on the floor, at the foot of Solomon’s throne

“O my lord,” said one of the women, “five days ago I gave birth to a child. This woman and I live in the same house, and three days later she also gave birth, but that same night her child died, and at midnight she arose and, while I was sleeping, took my son away from me, and laid her dead child in its place. When I awoke in the morning I thought at first that my son was dead, until I realized that it was not my child.”

“No,” interrupted the second woman, “she lies, my lord, she lies! The living child is mine and the dead is hers!”

“No,” cried the first woman, wildly. “No, the dead child is yours, and the living child is mine.”

King Solomon raised his hand for silence.

“One of you says ‘my child lives and yours is dead ’, and the other says ‘your child is dead and my child lives’: there is a simple way to resolve the matter. Bring me a sword.”

A sword was brought, and the assembly waited to see how the King would proceed.

“Very well,” he said, “ cut the child in two, and give half to one mother, and half to the other.”

The first woman turned pale.

“O my lord,” she said in a faltering voice. “Pray, give her the child. I beg you, do not kill it.”

But the other woman’s face remained hard.

“Let it be neither mine nor yours,” she said, “divide it as the King has ordained.”

Then Solomon arose, and pointed to the first woman.

“The child belongs to her, ” he said. “Give her the child, and do not kill it. She is its mother.”

Word of this judgement spread throughout Israel, and people marvelled at the wisdom of the King...

(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)
“When you look into your mother’s eyes, 
you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” 
― Mitch Albom
(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)-(^.^)


14 comments:

  1. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck.
    Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very very nice story you have written well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful we are using it for skit in our school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story. A mother never wants any bad thing for her child

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice story for child towards their mother

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please note a moral next time.it will help the students.thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved it☺️☺️
    World is bonded with two things one is wisdom and the other is faith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it very much keep it up 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👌👌👌👌👌👌9

    ReplyDelete