Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Hamsters went to Heaven

The blanket covering my body was uncomfortably hot it woke me up. It is dark, checked the time past 1 o'clock AM, maybe the a.c. is not working. I stood up switched on the light and searched for food, yesterday left Al Maqta bridge, got down from bus, lay in bed and sleep without eating dinner. I felt pain. My stomach is hungry and my heart missed my hamsters.

Yesterday is Saturday, as usual in the office we greet each other;
   Office mate: 'How are you, how is your weekend?' 
   Me:  'I'm fine', thanks, its good. How about you?" (with a big smile also)
But deep inside I am hurting.
My best friend's father died 6 months ago. He took my hamsters with him to heaven.
Six months ago little Jerry died and last Sunday little Tommy died too. Now their cage is empty. No matter how soft and nice their tissue bed or how much full their food bowl, it has no purpose now.
<tommy black hair and jerry white hair>
My hamsters taught me a lesson.
All that we work very hard for - money, money, money....all the pleasures we seek - food, luxuries, sex, securities...they are all meaningless to us after we die. It will be empty.

It does not mean that we just become lazy and wait to die. On the contrary, we must not waste our limited time by spending it on meaningless and short-term pleasures. We must maximize as much as we can  by continuously growing and learning.

~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*
Life always provides us with signals.
Like a traffic light, the signals are very obvious,
red means stop, green means go, and orange tells you to wait.
Most of the time, we are just stubborn and we ignore the signals.
Follow the signals and Life will guide you till the end is reached.
~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*~.*~.*.~.*

No comments:

Post a Comment