Saturday, May 11, 2013

What to do when you are afraid?

I am not in the mood to write. But it is now 2:00 AM and I can not sleep so I may as well use the time to blog. 
Yesterday I received a job offer from another company (Sssshh!:)) Honestly, I don't like to change, most of us don't like changes- change of things, change of address, change of work and so on, we are used to our familiar habits already.

When I first arrived in the UAE, I discovered, working in the middle east is very challenging because our culture is very different. But if you stay here for 7 years surrounded by arabs and be extremely exposed to the middle eastern culture, the result is that you will become aggressive, adamant and direct, and shrewd.

Then for the past 2 years I worked in a Korean company. Everything is the opposite. Now there is a merging going on between these two opposite cultures in our workplace. Its like oil and water being combined. There are many adjustments and changes to be made.

New things are not always guaranteed to be good things but we have to change in order to grow and if you are afraid like me, just have faith and just carry on. I am afraid of many things, yes but I also discovered that almost all people are afraid of the same things too. 
Things I am scared of:
1) ghosts.
2) the process of dying...
3) being stuck in an elevator with a scary stranger. 
4) falling in love with someone who do not love me back
5) dark places like a graveyard in the night.
6) terrorists.
7) natural calamities.
8) speaking in front of many people.
9) and so many more to mention here...

~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
-by Nelson Mandela
~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<~>.+.<

No comments:

Post a Comment