Friday, May 24, 2013

Retreat

It's Friday - the only day you are allowed to wake up after 6 am here in the gulf region.
But my nose is blocked and I can not breath properly so I have to open my mouth to take in oxygen.
I caught one of my colleagues colds virus because I allowed her to play on my i-phone every evening in the bus.
As a result, I now suffer from headache and my throat hurts and I woke up early on a Friday because I am sick.

Its good that my mind is still functioning properly so I can write and complain :)

Last Wednesday I thought I was capable to beat a man twice as big as me.
Only our HR manager kindly stopped me from fighting back that big cruel man.
So I just took a deep breath and marched around and around our office cabin, exhaling 'aaah' 'aaah' aaah' and finally went to the washroom and shout nonstop instead to the mirror.

After 10 minutes I resumed my work.
My 'enemy' the big man called me to his office and apologized.
I looked at him and I wanted to tell him that I do not need his apology!
But horror upon horrors, my crazy eyes started to release tears.
You see, I never wanted to show my weakness.
So I was more angry with myself and so I could not speak.
Maybe he thought I was really upset with him.

Night time came and  I recalled what had happened.
What is the lesson I learned from this experience?

1. Never fight with anyone bigger than you unless you are sure to win or unless you are willing to lose.

2. All humans have a deep need to be recognized and respected even those who don't deserve respect.

3. Keep quiet the moment when you are very angry otherwise you might say words that you will regret later.

4. Life is an adventure, we wake up everyday and we do not know what is going to happen. Some days are silent, some days are disaster. But each day is brand new. It is a gift to enjoy and  a chance for us to perform yet again our best.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Random things happen
for no reason in our lives.
We choose a few
and form a line of thought.
Made by all these dots,
which we call reason."
-by Hong Sang-Soo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment