Thursday, September 19, 2013

Moving On...

Today is Thursday. 5:20am, I awoke with a heavy heart, took hot shower and drink bitter coffee. I am scheduled for a job interview today. Here in the UAE, the market is very competitive, there are so many nationalities, and its normal to feel nervous for interview. Finally I got down on my knees and poured out all the fears, doubts, & desperation. The sky is very bright this morning, at 8 AM its a little difficult to catch a taxi, there are no commuter trains, the public buses are always full especially in the morning and it has to stop in each parking lot.

The bus ticket still cost the same after 2 years, 25dirhams. The driver said, "No, no tek anozer buz"...sometimes, you need to learn to speak arabic-english to communicate with locals. Abu Dhabi to Dubai is approximately 150 km and it takes 2 hours bus-ride. I observed the waiter walking back and forth and our driver starts talking on his mobile phone non-stop all the way.  There's also a video showing the road in front of the bus. My Indian seatmate is snoring loudly....So I opened my kokology book to pass the time.

Finally we reached Jebel Ali at 9:45. Dubai taxis are more expensive than Abu Dhabi. I paid 40 Dirhams for a 10-minutes ride. Waiting in the office lobby for the interview, my hands are shivering. Why are the British in this country always wear white shirts in the office. He asked technical questions, he looked directly in the eyes and is generally friendly. He gave challenging ideas and finally after 30 minutes closed by underlining my salary expectation. To be agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment