Friday, June 07, 2013

Touch Me Not!

I feel dizzy. I stood up and nearly fell down.
This is not hangover hehe.
Last night I experienced my first ever full body massage.
May I share my experience to you, dear friends....
Yes, I have never allowed anyone to touch my body without my permission.
But for the sake of curiosity I surrendered myself to 'ate' (the lady massage therapist) for 80 minutes.

When I entered the hotel I am so nervous.
But my mother was there waiting and very happy to see me, so I smiled and pretended to be cool.
My mother took off with an elderly lady and another 'ate' welcomed me and said, 'follow me'.

I entered the room, it is dark and I feel scared when I saw the bed, I thought 'that is the torture chamber'.
She handed me a small packet and said 'remove your clothes and put this on' (don't ask me what it is).
She said she will come back after 1 minute and left me alone in the room.
I silently undress thinking I still have 1 minute to run away and escape.

But I obediently followed the instructions, laid on my stomach and covered myself with the towel.
I could hear a soft music playing in the back ground.
Ate came back and asked how I feel.
I said this is my first time and I don't know what to do.
She laughed and said all I need to do is relax and enjoy.
Ok.
And then the heavenly process started.
She started massaging my upper shoulder, going down the waist and then my legs and feet.
She massaged and knead my arms, and then back to my shoulders and finally my head.
Ohhh I love it!
After 1 hour I fell asleep. It is over.
She said I have to slowly stand up and drink water before coming out to the reception.
But I just like to sleep :)

Conclusion: Massage relaxes the muscles of the body as well as the mind, it feels very good.
<photo credit: Eden Spa, Le Meridien Hotel>
 Everyone should definitely surrender their body for a relaxing massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment