Friday, June 14, 2013

Body for Sale

[photo credit: google images]
It is about 10 PM on a Thursday.
My mother and me were walking towards my accommodation.
We noticed there were many people standing in one corner of the street.
Thinking there was an accident, we walked on to see what is happening.
In the middle of the crowd I saw them, the girls wearing tight short skirts.
I said, "Mama, let's get out of here."
It was a pick-up area.
A car stopped in front of us, "Ronalyn! What are you doing here!?"
Oh shocks. Sitting inside the car was one of our CM at work.
I quickly waved and said "Hi, sir!" and dragged my mother out of that dark place.

Prostitution obviously exist around the city.
But why is it being ignored and not addressed by the government?

One of my friends said:
"If I am the ruler, I will allow it, I will make prostitution legal.
This country needs it.
Here, there are many laborers, and more men than women.
It will help them meet their basic physical need.
Otherwise they may become violent.
This outlet will help reduce the crime rate of the country."

He may have a valid point.
But looking back to my own home country, it is worst.
Our capital, the city of Manila had been
recently named as "the gates of hell" by famous author Dan Brown.
One of the reason is because of its 'horrifying sex trade'.

I don't know about you,
but for me I feel it is somehow very, very sad.
Even scary.

Legal or not legal,
Our bodies are still the home of our souls.
It deserves to be taken cared of and treated with respect.


~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.
If any thing is sacred, the human body is sacred.
-by Walt Whitman
~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.

No comments:

Post a Comment