Thursday, June 06, 2013

Love or Responsibility

<'nanang' and 'manong' 05.06.13>
"Wishing our Islamic nation a blessed Is'raa Wal Miraj...."

This welcome sms wakes me up this morning.
Our Muslim brothers shares this holiday with us today, 06-June-13.

We have free time for 2 days and I wanted to go out of the UAE and visit Qatar since it is near and only 30 minutes flight, but the embassy says that you should have an existing valid visa at least 6 months.
My visa is expired and my passport is also expiring after 6 months. Oh life!

I have a heated debate yesterday with a friend.
Our topic is about the responsibility of children over their parents.
He said that children are responsible for their parents when they grow older.
I said that children are not responsible but parents are responsible for their children.
Now maybe you think I am a bad daughter. Let me explain please.
When parents decided to have a child, at the start, they are responsible.
Children depends on their parents for everything. 
The parents take care of their babies, they feed them, they guide them and then provide for schooling.
It is the parents responsibility.
Children are entitled for home and for protection and development.
But for children, it is their own choice, not their obligation to care for their parents when they grow old.
I believe that if a child is cared for and loved by the parents, when the child grow up as adult, undoubtedly  he or she will  return their love and respect without conditions.
Children should take care of the parents because of love and not because of duty. 

I suddenly missed my mother. I realized that although we are both working here in the UAE, we still do not spend time with each other. So last night I called her and asked her out for a date. I figure that she love to have a spa so I checked online for special promotions and found that most are fully booked for the holiday. I reserved 2 special body treatment in the evening and then planned to take her for dinner afterwards. I hope it all goes well. I have never been to a full body massage before. I feel weird just imagining to remove my shirt and/or my bra so that a stranger can touch my skin 'oh shocks!' But my mother will be happy to spend this time with me together. So bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment