Friday, April 26, 2013

Origins

Girls don't tell their age to public (its our top secret) because, we like to look younger than our age. My mother does not read my blogs so I am freely announcing that she turned 57 years old this April 23, 2013 (Praise God.). She left the Philippines and came here almost 30 years ago, so my grandmother took care of me. Now that I work also here in the UAE, my 'Nanang' (grandmother) is alone back home. She is old and weak already that is why many times we ask a distant relative to stay in our house to look out for her. But we would always have a problem after a week, the relative would leave and does not want to go back. Maybe because my Nanang shouts a lot :) like my mother, she talks like 'she's shouting', same like me. When people hear us talking, they think that we are fighting. Mama will eventually retire and go back home after few months and will take care of Nanang. They will have to endure each other's shouting.

Last night, while lying in bed I looked up and saw the moon lit in a perfect circle. Some clouds were slowly passing in front of it so it looked like a horror movie. While staring at the moon I realized that I am also getting older, after two months I will also turn __ years old. Life is getting shorter. I feel like the moon, my life is not moving....just the clouds are passing by, just like the experiences passing us by. 
Oh life. Teach me to number the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment