Saturday, January 25, 2014

What's Great About Resigning?

In 12 days I will be separated from SK -our company and will say goodbye to my dearest friends and dearest bosses. I have joined SK 2 years ago and PISA- our project became my life and my family and now it is very hard even to think about leaving.

Today during lunch, 3 of my friends asked me how I suddenly resigned. They thought I do not care. They thought I want to go just like that. They thought I am only concerned about my personal advantage. Wrong. wrong. wrong.

In middle east construction companies, it is common for us expats to shift jobs after few years since our working visa has only 2 years validity. Either you renew it or find another job if you want. Since our project is now nearing completion and just in time there is a good opportunity to join another great company, I decided to move.

This period is very sad and difficult because I love my work. I love each of my colleagues and every Korean, Lebanese, Egyptian, Indian manager in the office. I love PISA from its foundation till the rooftop, every tile, every cabinet & hardware, all that made up the building even the epdm and gabion wall. The client and consultant, every subcontractor and supplier, each has given me parts of their lesson.

They don't know. Before work every morning before getting out of our room, I get down on my knees to pray. I cry it all out to try to release all the sad emotions burdening my heart.

They said they will miss me when Im gone. Maybe the korean managers will, because last few months they created a live K-drama in our department, pairing 2staffs to become their loveteam in the office. Shu hada. Now they are probably sad because they have no happy ending ^^.

~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~
"Somehow I know we'll meet again.
Not sure quite where and
 I don't know just when.
You're in my heart, 
so until then it's time for
 saying goodbye."  
                          -by Muppets
~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~.o.~

No comments:

Post a Comment