Monday, January 20, 2014

Interview with a Crazy Old Man

My boss is one of the wisest man I have known. I called him a 'crazy old man' because he called me a crazy woman, so this is my chance to get revenge using my blog. During a risotto-pizza-french fries lunch he allowed me to ask a few personal questions. i will share his answers here ^^

Why do you drive a yellow Porsche?
  • I like the speed and because I could afford it. I once dreamed to be a pilot.
Can you tell how did you reach your position at present?
  • Lebanon was at war during my early career it was tough and I worked in various countries including South Africa, US and Qatar before I came in the UAE 5 yrs ago.
What qualities do you look for in a person at work?
  • I can see through a person if he is capable to do what is required in his job by how quick he answers my questions I can easily identify if he is knowledgeable.
How do you see UAE's future construction industry?
  • UAE is now saturated. But it will rise again soon with Dubai’s promising vision and Abu Dhabi’s fast growth.
What do you like most about your career?
  • I like the challenge most of all in construction. I may not have come here in this project if not because of the challenge to finish it on time.
What are your most important qualities that made you successful?
  • my creativity and I know how to deal with people. I have already proven myself and so earned the respect of my clients.
How do you manage and balance your life and work?
  • right now I am not balancing well maybe after few months I can answer this question better.
How do you spend your free time?
  • I do some sports sometimes, and most of the time I keep to myself.
What were your biggest and hardest problems encountered during your career?
  • dealing with clients who don't pay.
What are your plans in the future?
  • when my kids will finish in their university I can easily go back to Lebanon and may build a commercial complex.

Well, that is all, folks. All in all he is interesting and sharp and full of humour. I feel blessed to have a chance to work side by side with a wise 'crazy old man' even for a short period of 8 months only. He definitely earned my respect.

.~>.*.<~.
“The wisest men follow their own direction.” 
― Euripides
.~>.*.<~.

No comments:

Post a Comment