Saturday, October 06, 2012

90 Days Challenge

It's just less than 3 months and the year is again going to end. 

One evening, in our bus home from work, one of my colleagues casually asked me, "What is the thing that you are most afraid of?" 
I immediately and instinctively answer, "Dying without the chance of achieving my dreams!" 

Sometimes we forget that life is really very short, and we take for granted every passing day. We miss doing the most important things and keep on the habit of doing unimportant things. 

I am scared to die without experiencing the best things that life has to offer. So, I decided to do things that will wake up my soul. One way is to face new challenges. I made a bucket list and set to achieve at least 10 items towards the end of this year. I dare myself to accomplish all of it by 01 January 2013.

To Do List during 3 months (October to December 2012):
  1. Visit another amazing country, and learn new cultures and customs different from ours.
  2. Everyday, make someone smile (at least one person each day); and smile to every child I meet.
  3. Learn a new language (let's try Korean), be fluent by the end of 3 months.
  4. Experience outdoor skydiving, scuba diving, mountain climbing.
  5. Say 'I love you' from the heart to the most important people in my life (nanang, parents, brother....)
  6. Learn to play the guitar chords of at least three christian songs by heart (without notes).
  7. Sleep on the grass, under the moonlight.
  8. Old friends reunion (if not possible, write 'thank you' letters to all of them and send via postmail)
  9. Wake up 30 minutes earlier each morning and meditate.
  10. Face at least one fear each day...and master it.

Still have a lot of ideas in mind, will add them as the days go by.

(photo borrowed from sir internet google)
Finally, it is fun to set goals and plans ahead, it is like a map for us to focus on things that matter to us and it guides us so we don't get lost. It also help us to improve more and keep moving towards becoming a better son or daughter, better employee, better friend....a better human being. God bless to your bucket lists!

*~><~*~><~*~><~*~><~*
*~><~*~><~*~><~*~><~*

No comments:

Post a Comment