Thursday, October 25, 2012

Working vs Living

SK PISA staffs hehehe
Today morning I arrived at the office and saw my bosses still working. They did not sleep for 48 hours and  kept on working till this evening. I didn't know how to feel when I looked at them, I was more angry than worried. I feel like asking...."Bujangnim, are you committing suicide?!" 
Then I realized that Koreans work to death.
That's their work culture. Arabs have culture, Indians have culture, Filipinos have culture.
Accept it or get angry and worried everyday. 
But I believe living is all about making the most of the lifetime given to us and living it to the fullest. Like spending time with the people we love, doing things that makes us joyful and happy, exploring   things that pleases our soul, and just enjoying every minute, thankful for being alive.
Work is supposed to be fun. I love my work, I love our project and the multi-cultural global staff and every daeri-nims and bujang-nims. It is our one united goal to complete successfully this amazing future Twin Towers and gorgeous Villas soon to be proudly standing beside the beautiful sea of Abu Dhabi overlooking the famous Grand Mosque.
PISA
But these over-over-times are exhausting everyone to the extent of draining all of our energy. I believe that we need to sometimes pause also, stand back and ponder and admire our work. After all, it's not easy to reach what we have already accomplished, we deserve to pat our backs as well and celebrate even just the smallest task well done. 
I prefer working because of living than living because of working.


No comments:

Post a Comment