Friday, September 21, 2012

It's Friday! Time to Eat. (Soul Food)

It’s Friday!

Here in the gulf region, Friday’s our time to rest from work.

I was walking in the courtyard toward our church’s entrance. The early service have just ended and the people were slowly going out to empty the hall to make way for the second service.

There were many people from different countries. I could hear them speaking various languages at the same time- all of cheerful greetings. I saw smiles from faces of different skin colors -white and black, brown more.
For me, here, during Fridays, there’s no feeling more peaceful, more comforting and more refreshing than sitting along with our brothers and sisters in the church.

Hmmnn…  I just love the songs of worship to greet the Lord. As we sing I hear a blend of diverse voices praising God. I love to sing loudly. I never mind if my tune is high or low, knowing confidently that all our voices will rise up to heaven.

We listened to our pastor’s prayer….all our heads bowed in union with one another. We silently thanked God, asked forgiveness, seek His blessing and asked for protection for all the hard times. 

Here we are one with one another and our heart opens willingly. Our minds clear the week’s troubles and lighten up, at peace and ready to understand and take in the sermon, like bread fed to our starving souls.

For me, the church is the best place to be in the whole UAE during a Friday morning. No shopping mall in Abu Dhabi or Dubai can equally satisfy my soul’s hunger. Like being starved for 6days at work!

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment